Strawberry Spinach Spring Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
This spinach salad is just right to help celebrate spring with fresh ripe strawberries!
A sweet poppy seed balsamic dressing contrasts nicely with crisp spinach, crunchy nuts, and stinky gorgonzola cheese.
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- Sliced almonds
- Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup Napa Valley Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tacoma Boys Poppy Seeds
- 3 tbsp Napoleon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
Make the DressingIn a small bowl or mason jar, add all ingredients for the dressing. Whisk or shake with the lid on until well combined and emulsified, about 15 seconds.
Toss the SaladPlace the spinach and strawberries in a large serving bowl. Pour with desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.
Assemble & EnjoyTransfer the spinach mixture into serving dishes and top with red onion, almonds, and gorgonzola cheese.