Snackable Coconut Crusted Shrimp
This appetizer or side dish is perfect for your Superbowl party spread! Jumbo shrimps are coated with a panko breadcrumb and coconut mixture.
Then, they’re baked to perfection in about 10 minutes and served with a sweet chili dipping sauce.
- 1 lb jumbo tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 tsp Tacoma Boys Granulated Garlic
- ½ tsp Tacoma Boys Gourmet Paprika
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs or Ian's Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- Spectrum Olive Spray Oil
- Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce, to serve
Preheat & PrepPreheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Place a large wire rack on a large baking sheet.
Set up Breading StationIn one small bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk the eggs. In the last bowl, mix together the coconut flakes and bread crumbs.
Bread the ShrimpPat the shrimp dry, then dredge: Holding from the tail, place a shrimp in the flour mixture, flipping to coat on both sides. Remove then dip in the egg, let the excess drip off, then place in the coconut mixture. Flip and press the coconut mixture on to both sides of the shrimp. Place on the wire rack lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, then spray the oil lightly over top of the shrimp.
Bake the ShrimpTransfer the sheet to the oven and bake for about 8-12 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp, until opaque and cooked through.
Serve with SauceServe hot with the sweet chili sauce to dip!