Simple Greek Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is a classic lunch or side dish that’s perfect for a spring picnic or backyard barbecue. Many people enjoy it as a quick lunch on the go, too! This Greek-inspired pasta salad takes ingredients like olives, cucumber, red onion, chickpeas, and feta cheese that go so well together.
A simple dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon, and seasonings allow these Greek flavors to come forward nicely! A variety of vegetables and chewy pasta means contrasting textures, too. We recommend mixing this up a day in advance to allow those flavors to really meld and come together.
- 2 ½ cups short pasta - we used rotini
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Stella Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Arugula or mixed greens to serve
- 2 tbsp California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Napa Valley Naturals Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta.Prepare pasta in boiling water according to package instructions, rinsing well with cold water to finish.
Make the salad & dressing.In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the salad. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
Serve!Serve on a bed of arugula or mixed greens.