Gingered Butternut Squash Soup
A wonderful fall soup recipe from our featured customer Faye of Tacoma
- 1 butternut squash peeled and seeded
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped leeks (white and green parts)
- 1 TBSP ginger, peeled
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- Cut butternut squash into about 1 inch even sized cubes.
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. When hot add olive oil and once oil is hot add in onions and leeks
- Add in squash, ginger and chicken stock and bring to a simmer, cooking until the squash is tender (about 15 minutes)
- Pour off most of the stock in a large bowl and reserve
- Carefully add squash, onions, ginger and leek mixture to blender or food processor and puree (careful will be very HOT!)
- Once pureed, add contents back to pot and add in the chicken stock until the desired consistancy is attained.
- Stir well and add in nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.