Creamy Squash + White Bean Soup with Breadcrumb Gremolata
Savory, creamy, and full of nutrients, this squash and white bean soup is perfect for the winter! Any squash like butternut or honey nut squash will work great.
Plus, the creamy factor comes from the squash and beans so it’s dairy free and needs no extra ingredients.
- 2 tbsp Bragg Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp each salt and ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 lb honeynut or butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2, 15 oz cans (about 3 cups) Eden Organic Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Pacific Organic Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
Saute The VegetablesHeat a large pot over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, carrot, and celery. Saute, stirring, until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the Garlic & HerbsStir in the minced garlic, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
Simmer the SoupStir in the diced squash, drained beans, and vegetable broth. Bring to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.
Make the Breadcrumb GremolataMeanwhile, make the breadcrumb gremolata. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium low heat. Add the breadcrumbs, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toast, stirring and tossing every couple minutes, until most of the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then stir in the parmesan, green onion, and parsley.
Blend the SoupBlend with an immersion blender until smooth or with some chunks remaining as desired.
Serve and Enjoy!Serve the soup with the breadcrumb gremolata on top and enjoy!