Caramelized Onion Dip
Sweet caramelized onions come together with creamy cheese, sour cream, and garlic powder in this easy and delicious dip recipe.
Whip it up and let it chill before serving at a Memorial Day potluck! This dish is best served chilled or at room temperature.
- 1 tbsp Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz Organic Valley Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Smith Brothers Farms Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Spice Hunter Granulated Garlic
- Generous pinch salt and pepper
- Chopped chives, to top
- Kettle Sea Salt Potato Chips, to serve
Caramelize the OnionHeat a medium skillet on the stovetop over low medium heat. Add the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, about 2 minutes, add the sliced onion. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to low. Continue cooking the onions on low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Mix IngredientsTo a large bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the caramelized onion and mix everything well to combine.
Chill & ServeChill until ready to serve. Top with chopped chives and dip with potato chips!