Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
A simple pasta salad is great for potlucks and afternoon activities throughout the summer. Little cooking is required and all you have to do is toss it all together!
This pesto pasta salad features elements of caprese salad, like mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil.
- 1 lb Rao's Penne Rigate or other short cut pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion or shallot
- Rao’s Pesto Basil Sauce
- Chopped fresh basil, to serve
Cook the PastaCook the pasta according to package directions, then run under cold water until the pasta has mostly cooled.
Toss the SaladIn a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, sliced onion, and desired amount of pesto sauce. Toss to combine and coat everything in the pesto.
ServeLet chill in the fridge for an hour or serve at room temperature.