Dips And Appetizers To Help You Host For The Holidays
Hosting for the holidays means being prepared for your guests with drinks and food like appetizers. Small plates and snacks are easy to prepare and serve. Think chips and dip, stuffed mushrooms, garlic bread, potato skins, and more! Appetizers are convenient and popular, whether you’re planning on a larger meal later or are simply snacking all afternoon. Some people consider appetizers as only finger food, where you don’t need a knife and a fork. But there are plenty of tasty little dishes to make that can be enjoyed in different ways.
Small plates and snacks like appetizers are great to start out with when hosting. They’re often served in small portions loaded with hearty flavor. It’s a way to welcome your guests and have a little bite to eat while chatting, when dinner isn’t quite ready. While just about any food can be made into an appetizer, there are a few things to keep in mind. Finger foods are often best when appetizers are served away from the table. That means bite-sized foods, dips, and anything without a knife and fork.
Here at Tacoma Boys, charcuterie boards are easy to shop for and a favorite as an appetizer! They’re a popular snack because they’re customizable and quick to put together. At Tacoma Boys, you’ll find a wide selection of specialty cheeses and cured meats as well as nuts, jams, crackers, fruit, and more. Build your charcuterie to fit the preferences of your guest and set it out as a grazing board. Your guests can snack on it casually as a group, or you can use little plates to serve the spread.
Dip Recipes for Groups
Dip recipes are easy to enjoy when hosting or in groups. Full of flavor and just filling enough, cold or hot dips are usually quick to make and serve. Picture raw veggies with blue cheese dressing or spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips. These types of dip recipes are usually first to go at parties and get-togethers! If you’re looking for some dip recipes to make for the holidays, consider one of these suggestions:
- Tacoma Boys’ Buffalo Chicken Dip: It’s not too late to serve this one in a pumpkin! You’ll find several different types of buffalo sauce at Tacoma Boys. Plus about 5 other ingredients, this dip is quick and easy to cook up for a hungry crowd.
- Tacoma Boys’ Irish Beer Cheese Dip: You’ll need some dark beer and a couple different kinds of cheese for this rich recipe. It’s full of flavor and goes great with fresh cut veggies and pretzels, like Dutch Country Gluten Free Soft Pretzels.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by Natasha’s Kitchen: Try this savory, cheesy dip with Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts and serve it with Stacy’s Pita Chips. Kids and adults alike can enjoy the extra vegetables snuck in!
- White Cheddar Cranberry Dip by Little Broken: This 4 ingredient dip is a tasty twist on a classic cheese dip. Try it with Tillamook White Cheddar Cheese, Organic Valley Cream Cheese, fresh cranberries, and a Homemade Cranberry Sauce.
- 7 Layer Dip: The popular layered dip is so easy to make with a variety of ingredients of your choosing! It requires very little, if any cooking. For an example, try the dip with layers of Amy’s Organic Vegetarian Refried Beans, Smith Brothers Farm Sour Cream, fresh guacamole, Tacoma Boys Loco Cheese Dip, diced fresh tomatoes, Mrs. Renfro’s Jalapeno Peppers, and your favorite Tacoma Boys Salsa. Then dig in with Tacoma Boys Tortilla Chips!
Some people get real creative with holiday appetizers! You can make a variety of dishes with Thanksgiving or Christmas themes and seasonal ingredients. For example, snacks made with cranberries, turkey, and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Cranberry and brie puff pastry bites are another example of an appetizer that is so popular for the holidays! Make whatever dishes you want into holiday appetizers by just scaling down a bit: Mini quiche, bite-size meatballs, and just about any food on a mini skewer.
It can also be a good idea to ask your guests to bring appetizers if you’d like. Cooking an entire meal including appetizers and dessert can be a lot to do! And while you’re planning your holiday appetizers and meals, make sure to account for different diets. If you’re expecting guests that are vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free, it’s easy to prepare those dishes.
Prepare For The Holiday With Tacoma Boys
Get ready for holiday celebrations and meals with Tacoma Boys! Your local market is stocked with a variety of seasonal produce, meat, and specialty food products. To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!