Shopping For Valentine’s Day Treats & Desserts at Tacoma Boys
It’s just about that time of year to whip up some Valentine’s Day treats! Or, get inspired to make your own with baking and pantry staples from Tacoma Boys. From cake and brownie mixes, to frozen pies and individual cheesecakes, there is something for everyone with a sweet tooth. Plus, a rotating selection of fresh fruit like raspberries and strawberries are always nice to have on the side. If you’re looking for chocolate bars and small candy treats to give to your significant other, friend, or children, we have plenty of those to choose from as well!
Valentine’s Day Treats
While this day of love is usually aimed towards romantic couples, why not enjoy some Valentine’s Day treats with friends and family? Time should surely be spent showing love to everyone in your life, like best friends, parents, kids, and more. Treats like chocolate covered roses, salted caramels, and chocolate chip cookies are great to share with loved ones. Whether homemade or store bought, these Valentine’s Day treats as gifts are a great way to show you care. Having a little something sweet post-dinner is pleasant on the palate. Plus, it’s a nice time to continue bonding over a shared dessert like mini cakes or pudding.
And for your Valentine’s Day dinner, consider some of these special entree recipes:
- Tacoma Boys’ Dairy Free Penne Alla Vodka
- Chimichurri Steak and Vegetable Salad by Modern Crumb
- Bruschetta Chicken by Carlsbad Cravings
- Spicy Poblano, Black Bean, & Quinoa Enchiladas by Half Baked Harvest
Browsing Local Desserts
Baked goods like cakes and cheesecake are just a couple of the local desserts you could serve! One option is pies from the berry-studded state of Oregon just a stone’s-throw away. If you’re looking to buy something already prepared for your Valentine’s Day celebration, shopping local is always a nice option. This supports your semi-local economy and is friendlier to the environment when the goods don’t have to travel more than a couple hundred miles to your plate.
Swing by Tacoma Boys to check out these premade desserts from local companies!
- Cyrus O’Leary’s Coconut Cream Pie
- Divine Pie Oregon Berry Vegan Cheesecake
- Willamette Valley Marionberry Ready to Bake Pie
- Chuckanut Bay Gluten Free Cheesecake
Valentine’s Day Recipes for Dessert
One of the best parts of February 14th is all the tasty Valentine’s Day recipes to try! Small treats like chocolate and Valentine’s Day themed candies are great for the kids and casual settings. But for bigger gatherings or to share as a pair, why not get creative with treats like cakes, cheesecake, or tiramisu? Tacoma Boys recipe for homemade mini tiramisus take just a few minutes of prep and taste fresh and delicious! You can also browse the rest of Tacoma Boys dessert recipes for several more options to try. Or, check out these examples of Valentine’s Day recipes for dessert:
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream
- Peanut Butter Valentine’s Cookie Cups
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies
Mini Layered Mousse Cakes
Layer cooked cake with quick and easy dairy free mousse for cute little individual desserts that are easy to make. Tacoma Boys has a variety of cake mixes, including gluten free and vegan, to choose from.
- European Gourmet Bakery Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1, 15 oz can Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream, chilled
- 3 tbsp Woodstock Farms Organic Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Bake the cake and let cool to room temperature. Cut circles the size of your serving glass from the cake.
- Ensure the coconut cream is fully chilled. Scoop the top, creamy part of the coconut cream from the can and add to a bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat the cream until whipped, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whip again until well combined and there is a mousse-like consistency.
- Place a circle of cake in the bottom of a serving glass. Top with some of the mousse. Follow with another layer of cake, then another layer of mousse. Top with raspberries and enjoy!
Tacoma Boys has everything you need for a satisfying and successful Valentine’s Day celebration! From ingredients for dinner, to dessert, to wine and beer. Just stop by to start shopping and get inspired by specialty food and ingredients. You can also browse Tacoma Boys’ selection of roses and flowers.
For something else special to try on the holiday, experiment with dark chocolate and red wine pairings. Read Tacoma Boys blog, Chocolate and Red Wine Pairings to Celebrate Valentine’s Day, for suggestions and examples! It’s a low cost and cozy way to bond at home as part of the celebrations or all on its own. To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!