Poolside Snacks That Will Make A Splash!
Hit the park, pool, or lake with easy and refreshing poolside snacks to make the day even better! When the sun comes out and the heat descends on the Pacific Northwest, it’s a no-brainer to head to a body of water to cool off and enjoy the weather. And of course, this type of outing should always include snacks and drinks for the whole family and friends.
Ideas for Poolside Snacks
The thing about poolside snacks is that they need to be easy to prepare and handle while also being refreshing and satisfying. That means minimal cutlery and plates and more hand-held bites and things like chips to munch on. And even still, you’ll want foods that are room temperature or cold and aren’t too heavy throughout a day of swimming. A few factors to consider! Browse this list of poolside snack ideas to see if anything looks good for you and your plans:
- Pre-cut veggies like carrots, cucumber, and bell pepper: Grab your favorite dip from Tacoma Boys like Simply Organic Ranch Dip Mix
- Other snacks with dips like tortilla chips and Tacoma Boys Gourmet Bean Dip or Peach Salsa. Or, make your own Charred Summer Corn Salsa!
- Pasta salad: Make your own and chill it until later. Try Tacoma Boys Simple Greek Pasta Salad or Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Snack mix with pretzels, cheddar squares, bagel chips, and more. Make your own or pick up a bag of premade snack mix or trail mix like Gardettos Original Snack Mix
- Fresh fruit: Super refreshing and nutritious too! Depending on the time of the season you’re fruit shopping, you could pick up peaches, plums, cherries, and watermelon
For more ideas for poolside snacks and handheld foods to munch on, check out these Healthy Summer Pool Snacks that are easy to pack, nutritious, and kid-friendly.
Drinks for Hot Days
A fun day in the sun means tasty drinks for hot days too! When the sun is beating down on you for a couple hours it’s important to stay hydrated and refreshed. Be sure to bring or locate lots of plain water to drink (especially if you bring alcoholic drinks like hard cider or seltzers). But it’s also nice to have drinks other than water to enjoy for something a little sweet, tart, or bubbly – Think iced tea lemonades, fruit juice, flavored sparkling water, and bottled drinks like kombucha. For a super simple drink that most anyone is sure to enjoy sippin’ on, check out this recipe:
Classic Arnold Palmer
Fresh lemon juice, honey, and your favorite iced tea come together for a thirst quenching drink that kids and adults enjoy. Make sure to use herbal tea if avoiding caffeine for kids or otherwise!
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice – about 2-4 lemons
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups cold water
- 2-4 cups prepared iced tea (try making a batch of The Republic of Tea Blueberry Bounty Iced Tea)
- Squeeze and measure the lemon juice and stir with the honey. Stir with the cold water to make a lemonade.
- Mix desired amount of iced tea with the lemonade. Chill until ready to drink.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
You can also make drinks with sparkling water and syrups or fresh fruit. Browse the aisles of Tacoma Boys for ingredients for drinks for hot days like mango or raspberries to make into a puree or fruit infused simple syrups. The combination of sweet flavor and bubbly water is an easy win-win for a refreshing drink! Check out these 3 Real Fruit Sparkling Water Recipes by Darn Good Veggies for more information on how to make a variation of that.
It’s Finally Time for Summer Recipes!
Now that the season is in full swing, why not dive into fun yet easy summer recipes?! From juicy ripe tomatoes to crisp zucchini and corn, there are plenty of seasonal ingredients to cook with. And whether you’re looking to fire up the grill or cook without heat, there’s inspiration waiting for you. For a nice seasonal summer recipe that can be enjoyed hot, room temperature, or cold, we recommend Tacoma Boys recipe for Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad here. Since it can be enjoyed at any temperature, it’s great for those poolside or lakeside days. And if you have access to a grill in the park and bring a couple tools, you can even make it onsite.
There are so many places to research ideas for summer recipes throughout the internet, in your friend group, or by cracking open a dusty summer cookbook. Tacoma Boys is here to help inspire you and get you everything you need for a delicious and rewarding home cooked meal.To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!