Is it time for the 2021 Super Bowl already?! The day is coming up quick which means it’s time to come up with your Super Bowl appetizers menu. Nothing screams “Super Bowl” more than a table full of classic Super Bowl appetizers that keep everyone coming back for more. Although there may be no large gatherings this year, hosting for your household can still be a fun time. There’s no better way to get geared up for the big game than to plan out this year’s menu.
Super Bowl Appetizers
What is it about appetizers that make them a great fit for football games? Whether it’s the variety or convenience of small bites, our favorite Super Bowl appetizers are lined up and ready to share! Whip up your favorite Super Bowl appetizers with fresh, specialty ingredients found at your local Tacoma Boys.
Chips & Dip
- Tacoma Boys Tortilla Chips
- Classic potato chips
- Tacoma Boys’ very own jarred salsas – available in a variety of flavors.
- Homemade spinach & artichoke dip made with Fresh Express Organic Baby Spinach found in the produce section. This spinach and artichoke dip by Cooking Classy is a great option.
- Easy ranch dip made with fresh herbs, spices, and Smith Brothers sour cream found in the dairy section.
- Roast beef sliders made with medium rare roast beef found in the Tacoma Boys deli section paired with classic King’s Hawaiian rolls. This recipe for french dip sliders by Delish is sure to hit the spot!
- Ham & cheese sliders made with ham from the deli and Hoffman’s Vermont White Cheddar Cheese for the ultimate cheese pull. This recipe is a great guideline to follow for ham and cheese sliders.
Jalapeño poppers may be one of the most popular game day appetizers out there, and it’s easy to understand why! If you’re a fan of spicy and savory small bites, jalapeño poppers are the perfect choice for you. Select a large handful of fresh jalapeños from the produce section followed by your go-to cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Simply mix the cream cheese and cheddar, then stuff the halved jalapeño peppers and bake. If you want to take your jalapeño popper game up a notch, wrap them in Tacoma Boys’ applewood smoked thick-cut bacon – you won’t regret it. Savory Tooth has a great recipe for bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers here.
What is it about potato skins that make them so addicting?! Potatoes are great all around, but potato skins are next-level. Plus they’re incredibly easy to make which is an added bonus. Instead of whipping up traditional loaded potato skins, try making Real House Mom’s bbq chicken potato skins for this year’s game. We recommend grabbing a few of Tacoma Boys’ baker potatoes to ensure the crispiest skin for the best crunch!
Pigs in a Blanket
Okay, there is no denying that pigs in a blanket are a game day must. They’re a hit with both adults and kids and are the perfect bite. If you’re looking to make your pigs in a blanket a bit fancier this year, substitute classic hot dogs for a pack of Snake River Farms American Wagyu Beef Gourmet Frankfurters. Slice those up and roll them in French Butter Puff Pastry found in the freezer section at your local Tacoma Boys.
Ready-To-Go Game Day Food
If making appetizers from scratch isn’t your favorite activity, don’t fret! Tacoma Boys carries a variety of pre-made food that is perfect for game day.
- Fiorucci Panino Antipasti Hard Salami & Pepper Jack Rolls or Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella Cheese
- Boar’s Head pre-made hummus available in a variety of flavors such as: fiery chipotle, everything bagel, and roasted red pepper
- Tacoma Boys pre-made scalloped potato salad
- Sea Best Cocktail Shrimp
- Big Shoulders Smokehouse Boneless Pork Ribs – fully cooked
- Big Shoulders Smokehouse Pulled Pork in BBQ Sauce – fully cooked
- Ready-to-bake pre-made pizzas – win!
Football Food Made Easy
Whether you prefer to buy specialty pre-made foods or cook everything up from scratch, Tacoma Boys has you covered for this year’s football food lineup. Pop on into your local Tacoma Boys to take a look around to find everything you’ll need for your Super Bowl menu. If you have any trouble finding certain products, ask one of our workers for guidance and they’ll make sure you get what you’re looking for!