This time of year, breakfast recipes for the family are in high demand. Kids and parents are scrambling to get ready for school. And making breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday can be a challenge when the kids get back to school! Quick and easy breakfast recipes require just a bit of planning, but can be tasty and healthy for everyone to enjoy. Read on for recipe ideas for healthy and easy breakfasts that the whole family will look forward to.
Breakfast Recipes for the School Year
Breakfast recipes are easier to approach when you have the ample time. But during the school year, it’s all about saving time and energy during those hectic mornings. To get breakfast ready for the kids and yourself, it’s best to plan ahead and do things the night before. Or, meal prep in big batches at once and you’ll end up with a week’s worth of food. In general, try a few recipes like these, which can be prepared ahead of time and finished quickly:
- Overnight Oat Parfaits and chia seed pudding are similar tasty breakfast recipes. Oats or chia seeds are soaked overnight and enjoyed as a protein packed breakfast: They’re best for making ahead of time and enjoying on the go.
- Tacoma Boys Bagels can be remixed with different spreads and toppings, from cream cheese, to peanut butter, to anything in between (see below: breakfast toast!).
- Scrambled eggs in a jar: This recipe by Women’s Day is a nice make-ahead breakfast that can be customized with whatever add-ins you’d like.
Tasty, healthy recipes for breakfast are important because it starts your day off on a nutritious note. Protein-packed, nutritious breakfast for the whole family can be tasty and easy to prepare, too! Go for fruits, vegetables, starch, and lots of protein. And while some healthy recipes may seem overwhelming and time consuming, there’s plenty of ideas for quick and easy options! Try these to start:
- Breakfast toasts: Mix-and-match different spreads on toast like Sabra Classic Hummus, Earth Balance Coconut & Peanut Spread, or mashed avocado. Top these spreads with proteins or add-ons like sliced vegetables or fruit, cooked eggs, nuts, seeds, meat, cheese, or anything else you’d like.
- Smoothies and smoothie bowls: Blend up some frozen fruit with Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk and Manitoba Harvest Shelled Hemp Seeds for a protein-packed smoothie. If you want to top it with extras like granola and fresh fruit, just dump it in a bowl and customize your toppings!
Two Ingredient Banana Pancakes
These quick and easy banana pancakes are packed with protein and only require two ingredients. Make sure to combine it all in a blender rather than a bowl to ensure the oats are broken into fine pieces.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Organic Old Fashioned Oats
- Toppings: Sliced fruit, granola, whipped cream, butter, pure maple syrup, or our favorite: Tacoma Boys Apple Walnut Butter
- Blend the banana and oats in a high speed blender until combined and smooth. If it’s too thick (compared to a standard pancake batter), add 2 tbsp water at a time until the batter is an appropriate consistency.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a bit of oil or butter. Scoop ¼ cup batter into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Flip and continue cooking 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Continue with remaining batter. Serve hot with desired toppings.
Weekday breakfast can be tricky. Mornings are the busiest time of day for many people, and making breakfast is a huge reason why! Weekday breakfast is especially a rush as the kids and family get ready for school and work.
One of the simplest ways to approach weekday breakfast is by planning ahead and meal prepping. Check out this guide to meal prepping if you’re not familiar with the process and want to get started. And bonus: Tacoma Boys also has you covered with recipes for the kids’ school lunch and snacks!
If you plan your weekday breakfast ahead of time, you can be sure it’s ready to go when the morning comes around. When meal prepping and pre-planning, consider what ingredients you have and what you usually enjoy. Then, it’s all about getting into the kitchen to make it happen. Here are a few ideas for breakfast recipes that are easy to make ahead of time and heat up and eat in the mornings:
- Breakfast burritos: Customize your burritos with your desired mix of meat or beans, vegetables, eggs, and more. Try them with Tacoma Boys Gourmet Pico de Gallo or Salsa and Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Simply make a large batch of multiple burritos and toss them in the refrigerator or freezer until breakfast time. Then, microwave in a damp paper towel to heat it up.
- Fruit salad as a snack: You can even use canned or jarred fruit when it’s not in season, like Del Monte SunFresh Mango or Mandarin Oranges.
- Breakfast muffins: Make meat prep easier with a boxed muffin mix to eat alongside fruit or eggs. Try Concord Farms Blueberry Muffin Mix or Namaste Gluten Free Muffin Mix at Tacoma Boys.
- Egg cups: Also known as mini egg bites, quiche, or frittata. Eggs cooked in a muffin tin are a great way to eat convenient portions of the protein-packed snack. Take a peek at this recipe by A Sassy Spoon for a few options on how to make your egg bites for the week.
Breakfast With Tacoma Boys
It’s easy to prepare healthy but simple breakfast recipes with the necessities you’ll find at Tacoma Boys. In addition to a wide selection of goods, Tacoma Boys is happy to help you find what you need and cook tasty food! To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!