Tacoma Boys’ Top 5 Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes
While turkey has traditionally been the holiday’s center stage, a vegan Thanksgiving can be just as delicious (if not more!). There is still an entire world of flavor to enjoy without meat, dairy, and other animal products. And plant based foods are becoming more and more popular. That means there are so many new products and ideas to help make your vegan Thanksgiving hearty and tasty! Read on for some vegan inspiration and recipe ideas for the holidays.
Creating a vegan Thanksgiving meal doesn’t have to be complicated or overloaded with vegetables. The idea that vegans eat a lot of vegetables isn’t wrong, but can sometimes be misunderstood: Your vegan Thanksgiving spread doesn’t have to be all salads and roasted squash! In fact, most Thanksgiving staples like bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and even gravy can easily be vegan. This can be a fun chance to get creative and experiment with new ideas for your holiday meal.
As far as vegan Thanksgiving entrees go, there’s a lot of things to cook for center stage! Tacoma Boys’ recipe for Mini Vegetarian Pot Pies can easily be made vegan (and even gluten free with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour and Schar Gluten Free Puff Pastry Dough). Or, try these vegan mains for Thanksgiving:
- Lentil Shepherd’s Pie by Rainbow Plant Life.
- Vegan Stuffed Pumpkin by Vancouver with Love.
- Caramelized Shiitake Mushroom Risotto by Minimalist Baker.
Holiday Side Dishes
Your spread of vegan holiday side dishes can be full of a variety of different delicious flavors and textures. It can also be nice and nutritious as you’re bound to cook up some vegetables! If you’re interested in holiday side dishes that are vegan, you can simply make some swaps with your favorite foods. Tacoma Boys has long offered a variety of vegan staples and alternative food products: This includes nut milks and dairy free butter, sour cream, cheese, and more. If you’re still not sure what to cook this year, consider some of these vegan holiday side dishes.
- Vegan sausage stuffing: Simply swap out classic stuffing ingredients with animal products for vegan alternatives. Try Earth Balance Dairy Free Butter, Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Broth Base, and even Field Roast Italian Garlic & Fennel Plant Based Sausages.
- Mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy: Opt again for vegan butter as well as Almond Breeze Almond Milk and Forager Organic Dairy Free Sour Cream for your creamy mashed potatoes. Then, whip up this recipe for onion mushroom gravy that is just as savory as turkey gravy. You can also go for instant mashed potatoes with Bob’s Red Mill Potato Flakes to make things just a bit more quick and easy.
- Vegan green bean casserole: There are several recipes for vegan green bean casserole all across the web! You can use cashew cream and alternative milks for the same creamy consistency. Also try it with a sprinkle of Seed Ranch Cheddar Cravings Vegan Cheese or Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast for an added cheesy flavor.
- Jalapeno cornbread muffins: Slightly spicy and crumbly, jalapeno cornbread muffins are easy to make, too. Try this recipe for a vegan version with fresh jalapenos or for a quick version, with Bob’s Red Mill Cornbread & Muffin Mix.
- Autumn harvest salad: Place sliced apples, chopped pecans, and Follow Your Heart Dairy Free Feta Crumbles on a bed of spring mix. To add even more depth to the salad, throw in some roasted butternut squash! Then finish with a drizzle of Fody Maple Dijon Dressing for a filling side salad.
Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
In addition to those top five vegan thanksgiving recipes, there are so many others to try! Eating plant-based may encourage some people to broaden their scope of what they cook and eat. Different seasonings, aromatics, nuts and seeds, and of course fruit and vegetables can come together into a tasty meal so nicely. To round out your menu of vegan Thanksgiving recipes, you could also try some of these vegan favorites at Tacoma Boys:
- Karine and Jeff Mushroom Soup or Green Lentil and Carrot Soup
- Immaculate Organic Flaky Biscuits
- Deliciou Plant Based Beef
- Coconut Cloud Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa with Soyatoo Soy Whip
- Wholly Wholesome Organic Traditional Pie Dough
- Key Lime or Chocolate Hazelnut Divine Pie
Shop at Tacoma Boys for Vegan Staples
Here at Tacoma Boys, you’ll always find a variety of vegan products and specialty food items. Check out our favorite vegan staples here and then come on by to shop for your favorites! Tacoma Boys has all the food and drink you need for any type of Thanksgiving or holiday celebration in general. To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!