Start Your Morning with Tacoma Boys’ Favorite Specialty Coffee
Here at Tacoma Boys market, it’s easy to find your favorite specialty coffee! From hyper local brands to international coffee from Spain, there are so many types to choose from. The world of specialty coffee can seem overwhelming for some. One type of coffee may look dark and taste richer. While another type may taste completely different and look much lighter. But Tacoma Boys’ selection of high quality coffee can help steer you in the right direction: You can try whole beans, ground coffee, and various blends of different coffees from all over the world.
Enjoying Specialty Coffee
Specialty coffee blends and brands can vary a lot from one another. Coffee beans are grown in various regions mostly in Central and South America, then can be roasted elsewhere— These different regions produce different flavors and blends. Then, the roasting process affects the flavors again. That’s why you may enjoy one brand of specialty coffee from a specific region, but not another brand. While Seattle and Washington state are well known for roasting and enjoying coffee, there are plenty of other types to choose from. If you’re looking to try something from out of state, check out one of these coffee brands offered at Tacoma Boys:
- Groundwork Organic Coffee (Los Angeles, California)
- Noble Coffee Roasting (Ashland, Oregon)
- Bon Mua Coffee (Salem, Oregon)
- Sunriser CBD Coffee (Austin, Texas)
- Mythic Coffee (Barcelona, Spain)
Local Coffee at Tacoma Boys
We are lucky to have a wide variety of local coffee to choose from in Washington! The state’s denizens have long been known as major coffee fanatics and enthusiasts. And there are hundreds of separate coffee roasteries and shops all across Washington state. This includes coffee beans for traditional drip coffee and espresso drinks too. An array of choices means you can find your preferred roastery or blend of coffee. As far as local coffee goes, it’s easy to try a bag of coffee from many different roasters in Washington. To start, you can find these Washington local coffee brands at Tacoma Boys:
- Manifesto Coffee (Tacoma)
- Olympia Coffee (Olympia)
- Cutters Point Coffee Co. (Gig Harbor)
- Bluebeard Coffee Roasters (Tacoma)
- Poverty Bay Coffee Company (Federal Way)
- Island Coffee Company (Fox Island)
- Valhalla Coffee Co. (Tacoma)
- Boon Boona Coffee (Renton)
- Vashon Island Coffee Roasterie (Vashon Island)
If you’re curious about the Pacific Northwest’s vibrant coffee culture and how it all came to be, read this post here!
While it’s tasty enough to enjoy a cup of joe on it’s own, coffee recipes can be creative and fun! That leftover pot of coffee or extra unused grounds can do a lot of good in some recipes. Have you ever tried baked beans or chili cooked with coffee? You can use ground coffee or espresso, brewed coffee and espresso, or flavorings in savory dishes or sweet baked goods — This recipe for espresso brownies is one rich and tasty example! You can use coffee essence or essential oil to bring in that flavor, too. Camp Chicory & Coffee Essence is a great way to add coffee flavor to food: The syrup consistency makes it easy to bake into coffee cakes, but it can also be enjoyed mixed with milk as an alternative to coffee.
To add other flavors to coffee or espresso drinks, Torani syrup is common. At Tacoma Boys, you can find Torani White Chocolate Sauce, Caramel Sauce, Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup, and Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup, plus much more. For an iced coffee drink, try Califia Farms Concentrated Cold Brew mixed with Califia Farms Better Half Unsweetened Coconut Cream & Almond Milk. You can easily make your own new coffee recipes with your favorite bag of beans and creamer: Find plain and flavored creamers from Mooala Plant Based Keto Mylk, Califia Farms, Nut Pods, Smith Brothers Farms, and more at your local Tacoma Boys.
Coffee Oat Bites
These energy bites are perfect for a quick snack on the go. You can swap out the type of nut or seed butter and spices to your desired preference!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats
- ½ cup SunButter Sunflower Seed Butter
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp espresso powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse about 30 seconds, or until well combined and the mixture resembles a dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the mixture into golf ball sized balls and place on the baking sheet. Let chill in the freezer for at least an hour before enjoying.
For another classic oat bites recipe, try Tacoma Boy’s Oatmeal Protein Balls.
Cold Brew Ice Cubes
Avoid watered-down iced coffee with ice cubes made of cold brew! These are simple to prepare and convenient to have on hand.
Ingredients and Equipment
- 8-12 oz cold brew coffee (concentrate is fine)
- Ice cube tray
- Simply pour the cold brew coffee into a clean and empty ice cube tray. Freeze 12-24 hours, then use in place of regular ice cubes in your favorite iced coffees and lattes.
Stop By Tacoma Boys for Specialty Coffee
Tacoma Boys offers a variety of artisanal foods like specialty coffee from all over the state and world! We also have a selection of alternatives to coffee like robust teas, energy drinks, juices, and more. To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!