Gluten-Free in Tacoma: 4 Gluten-Free Dinner Recipes You Need to Try
If you’re a gluten free family in Tacoma, we have you covered with some delicious gluten-free meal ideas!
There are now over 3 million people in America that eat gluten-free, and it’s especially popular in the PNW. Even so, sometimes it can be tricky to adjust to cutting gluten out of your diet or finding the best gluten free options at a local supermarket. This is especially true if you’re feeding a family and want to make a meal that everyone can enjoy. Read on to learn some recipes and more available at your local Tacoma Boys and H&L Markets.
Gluten-Free Meals for Tacoma Families
With these four yummy gluten-free dinner ideas, you’ll be able to feed the whole family the same delicious meal – and they won’t even notice that it’s gluten free.
1. Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
A tasty crowd-pleaser. This version is gluten-free and even dairy-free, if that is important to you as well.
2 chicken breasts, diced
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 yellow onions, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp each curry powder, garam masala, chili powder
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1tbsp dried)
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 lime, juiced
1 cup organic coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1 head of cauliflower, washed and broken into florets
1 tbsp fresh Cilantro to garnish, chopped (optional)
1. Warm coconut oil in a large skillet. Then sauté onions, garlic, and ginger stirring in additional spices (curry powder, garam masala, paprika, chili powder, salt) and tomato paste.
2. Add diced chicken and cook thoroughly – approx 5 – 6 minutes.
3. Add a 1/4 cup of water and stir and pour in the coconut milk.
4. Stir your sauce and leave to simmer on a low heat for 5-10 minutes.
5. Whilst the chicken is simmering, make the cauliflower rice.
6. Add cauliflower florets to your food processor. Process until it reaches a rice-like consistency.
7. Pour squeezed lime juice on top of chopped cauliflower, then serve with the butter chicken on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
You’ll find ready to cook chicken breasts in bulk in our freezer section, straight from a local farm or you can buy non-frozen chicken in our butcher shop that is fresh and ready to cook! And for produce, we’ve got fresh cauliflower and more spices than you can imagine ready for your tastebuds.
2. Roasted Vegetable Soup
When you’re looking for great gluten-free recipes the whole family will enjoy, this soup is a sure thing! (It’s also a wonderful way to get extra vitamins from all the veggies)
This soup is great to make in batches and freeze for easy meal prep.
2 tbsp coconut oil
8 large carrots, peeled and diced
4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
3 large leeks, washed and sliced
1 large head of broccoli, washed
8 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
4 tbsp fresh thyme and rosemary (or 2tbsp dried)
1 tbsp turmeric
salt and pepper to taste
2 containers of chicken bone broth
1. Preheat oven to bake at 475F
2. Put all of your peeled and diced veggies into a large roasting pan.
3. Add coconut oil, turmeric, salt, pepper and mix well to cover all veggies.
4. Place your large roasting pan into the oven for 35 minutes.
4. During the last few minutes, mix in rosemary and thyme.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the veggies to a large soup pan.
6. Lastly, add chicken stock and simmer for about 25 minutes.
For those who like bread with their soup, try Udi’s gluten free bread broiled in the oven with a little butter or olive oil and garlic salt.
3. Paleo Maple-Pecan Salmon
This is one of our favorite gluten-free dinner recipes, especially with some fresh salmon fillets from our own Tacoma Boys and H&L Markets butcher! Check out our weekly specials for this week’s fresh fish options.
4 x 4 oz salmon fillets
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp chipotle pepper
1. Place salmon fillets on baking paper on an oven tray.
2. Blend all other ingredients to a paste. Spread paste on top of salmon fillets.
3. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes or until golden brown to taste.
4. Grilled Portabello Mushrooms
These grilled portabello mushrooms are delicious – and are a great alternative to steak if you’re looking for vegetarian and gluten-free options for the family.
3 Portabello mushrooms, washed and stems removed
1/4 cup coconut or olive oil
3 tbsp chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, crushed
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Mix oil, onion, garlic and vinegar to make a smooth marinade. Pour the marinade directly over mushrooms and let them marinate for about 1 – 2 hours.
2. Place the mushrooms on the grill just like you would for a steak. Enjoy!
We’d love to help you shop and eat gluten-free in Tacoma – come see us at one of the Tacoma Boys locations for all your fresh produce, high-quality meats, fish and so much more. We have frozen and fresh gluten free options, and even some yummy desserts for after your next gluten free meal! Visit us at one of our 3 convenient locations in Lakewood, Tacoma and Puyallup.
[…] option that have less gluten in them, Tacoma Boys and H&L Produce are your one stop shop for GF foods that are healthy, tasty, and often locally made! Stop by today and browse our gluten free aisle or […]
This so AMAZING! This is a dish that I would totally make for myself and probably keep for myself. My grandmother used to make something similar when I was a little girl.
Comments are closed.