A Patriotic Party: The Tacoma Boys’ Guide to Celebrating Independence Day
Independence Day is a big holiday for many families here in the U.S. While it’s a time to celebrate America and its political freedom, it’s good for enjoying time with family and friends! Traditionally, an Independence Day celebration takes place in the warm outdoors with a picnic or barbecue. Grilling is common, as are parades and celebrations for kids. Other celebrations include red, white, and blue decorations, fireworks, and summertime activities. For some people, it can be considered the start of warming weather and the summer season.
Most people know that Independence Day is a celebration of America’s independence from Britain. On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was signed and the 13 colonies were no longer under British rule. This year, America turns 245 years old! But Independence Day is also about celebrating America’s history and traditions on its own. Many people look forward to the chance to express their patriotism — and deck out head-to-toe in red, white, and blue! There’s much to do to have fun on the holiday. And this year’s 4th of July falls on a Sunday. This makes it a perfect chance to get together and celebrate: Whether that means a pool party, fireworks show, or backyard barbecue, there’s fun to be had for everyone.
4th of July Party
If you’re looking forward to throwing a 4th of July party, there’s a few things you can do to prepare for a successful celebration. Many people celebrate the holiday with food and cooking of some sort. To get prepared ahead of time, stop in to Tacoma Boys for just about anything you need for your 4th of July party. Grab a variety of beer, wine, and hard cider from Tacoma Boy’s vast selection for your guests. And among a stocked supply of fresh local produce and specialty food products are also floral decorations: That means all the red, white, and blue flowers you may need to decorate your picnic table, too!
Activities for Your Patriotic Party
Aside from eating and drinking with your friends and family, there are many activities you can do to celebrate. If you’re planning an Independence Day barbecue, Tacoma Boys Tips for a Backyard Memorial Day Barbecue should still ring true! If you’d like, try these other activities alongside your backyard afternoon of cooking and eating:
- Sparklers for the kids and a fireworks show: While lighting off fireworks is traditionally fun and exciting, there may be restrictions against such. Look into what the rules are for your own community before setting off in the backyard — carefully!
- Yard games: These can be fun for kids and adults alike. Corn hole, horseshoes, and jumbo Jenga are popular choices for yard games.
- Homemade water park: If the weather is nice and hot where you live, why not break out the sprinklers and blow up a slip-n-slide?
- DIY decorations: This one comes before the party, but can be just as much fun. Get the kids involved with colored crafts and make your own red, white, and blue decorations. Check out this blog by Pure Wow for some ideas to get you started.
No 4th of July party is complete without patriotic recipes! Cooking for Independence Day can be lots of fun when you play with color. There is just so much to do with red, white, and blue! And there are a few different ways to prepare and present food for the holiday. Some ideas for patriotic recipes include:
- Blue cheese black pepper burgers: Find this prepared “blue” element of your meal in Tacoma Boy’s deli case.
- Shop seasonally for a fruit plate: Grab some fresh bing cherries, blueberries, and watermelon for the ultimate refreshing snack.
- A backyard buffet with different colored fruits, snacks, appetizers, and entrees: Take a peek at Tacoma Boys recipe page for some quick and easy recipe inspiration.
- Homemade pizza topped with Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce, Ferndale Farmstead Scamorza Mozzarella, and fresh garlic: A crowd-pleaser for sure.
- Moderate candy to end the night: Backroad Country Licorice is available in black, red, and bright blue!
But don’t forget a fourth of July cocktail! This recipe for Firecracker Berry Margarita Floats by Half Baked Harvest involves gorgeous tones of red, white, and blue. (These cocktails can also be made with lemon-lime soda instead of alcohol).
Celebrate With Tacoma Boys
Head out to Tacoma Boys for the freshest ingredients to complete your Independence Day celebration. You’ll also find picnic basics like World Centric Paper Plates, napkins, and utensils. And if you can’t find what you need, please feel free to ask one of our guides to point you in the right direction! To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!