Tacoma Boys Favorite Gluten Free Alternatives For Pizza, Pasta, and More
Here at Tacoma Boys, it’s not hard to find a variety of different gluten free alternatives to enjoy! From favorites like pizza and pasta to crackers and baked goods, you can make several gluten free meals and snacks. You can also find an assortment of premade gluten free snacks and meals for extra convenience. Gluten free alternatives help people who don’t eat gluten enjoy recipes with flour and other ingredients on a regular basis. Many gluten free alternatives are made with ingredients like cauliflower, rice, and a combination of alternative “flours” like almond flour.
Gluten Free Alternatives
If you’re looking for gluten free alternatives to add to your diet, stop by Tacoma Boys! A selection of specialty food products as well as fresh produce and meat awaits. In addition to naturally gluten free products, you’ll find several gluten free alternatives to foods like crackers and pasta. Tacoma Boys boasts a wide selection of alternatives to almost any food product or ingredient you may need.
For example, make your own pizza with Nuflours Gluten Free Pizza Dough or Caulipower Pizza Crust. Many sauces like Mezzetta Pizza Sauce and Napoleon Basil Pesto are naturally gluten free. Then, load it up with your favorite toppings like cheese, vegetables, and meat. Or for a quick version of the comfort food, grab a premade gluten free pizza from the frozen section like Three Bakers Classic Cheese Pizza.
Check out these gluten free alternatives and much more at Tacoma Boys:
- Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles (which are naturally gluten free) for Asian noodle dishes instead of wheat noodles.
- Field Day Organic Brown Rice Pasta
- Jovial Foods Brown Rice Pasta
- Bragg’s Coconut Aminos as a replacement for soy sauce.
- Simple Mills Crackers
- Kinnikinnick Panko Style Breadcrumbs
Grain Free Cooking
For people who avoid gluten, grain free cooking doesn’t have to be difficult! While some grains are naturally gluten free, many are processed with wheat or flour. But many grains are not gluten free and should be avoided on a diet lacking in gluten. Grain free cooking is more popular as more people avoid gluten and grains on diets like keto or paleo. For some inspiration for grain free recipes, check out this page of recipes by Simply Quinoa.
Tacoma Boys also offers a variety of products for grain free baking, too. PNW-local Bob’s Red Mill has a range of gluten free flours and food products to bake and cook with. You can choose from Brown Rice Flour, Cornmeal, Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Teff Flour, and much much more. For mixes that are already ready to go with gluten free flours, try Namaste Pancake Mix, Josie’s Best Waffle Mix, and King Arthur’s Yellow Cake Mix.
Gluten Free Snacks
If you avoid grains and gluten, you don’t have to give up on all tasty snacks and treats! Opt for fresh fruit or vegetables as often as you can. Then supplement with options like these gluten free snacks, which are conveniently available at Tacoma Boys:
- Glutino Gluten Free Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins
- Soozy’s Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ian’s Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
- Brazi Bites Empanadas
Gluten Free Recipes
Cooking gluten free recipes doesn’t have to require fancy ingredients or several steps. Gluten free recipes can be quick and easy while also nourishing and tasty! In general, this diet probably consists of vegetables and fruit, nuts and seeds, and protein like meat, seafood, and dairy. As previously mentioned, some whole grains are gluten free so foods like rice might be common too. Here’s an example of a healthy gluten free recipe that’s simple to make and tasty to eat:
Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken & Potatoes
Ingredients – serves 4
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast
- 2 lbs red potatoes, diced small
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place chicken breast on a baking sheet. Place the potatoes and green beans next to the chicken. Drizzle olive oil over everything. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and minced garlic. Use your hands or tongs to toss the potatoes and green beans, evenly coating with the oil and seasonings. Do the same with the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, pausing halfway through to flip the potatoes and green beans.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and broil on high 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
For a similar recipe, try Tacoma Boy’s Roasted Potatoes with Herbed Olive Oil.
And when you don’t feel like making your own gluten free recipes, try these meals offered at Tacoma Boys for quick and easy dinner:
- Anne’s Gluten Free & Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Beecher’s Roasted Potatoes in Flagship Sauce
- Evol Uncured Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Patty’s Tamales (sold in a variety of fillings)
If you haven’t yet, stop by Tacoma Boys to check out a vast selection of gluten free foods! In addition to fresh produce, meat, and seafood, you can find specialty food products including gluten free food for any meal you want. To stay up to date on insider deals and specials, sign up for Tacoma Boys’ text list. Just text (253) 246-1661 to tell Paul you want to be on the list!