Recipes From Tacoma Boys
Enjoy the seasonal recipes below which feature fresh and delicious food from Tacoma Boys.
GINGERED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Featured Customer Recipe
from Faye of Tacoma
- 1 butternut squash peeled and seeded
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped leeks (white and green parts)
- 1 TBSP ginger, peeled
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- Cut butternut squash into about 1 inch even sized cubes.
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. When hot add olive oil and once oil is hot add in onions and leeks
- Add in squash, ginger and chicken stock and bring to a simmer, cooking until the squash is tender (about 15 minutes)
- Pour off most of the stock in a large bowl and reserve
- Carefully add squash, onions, ginger and leek mixture to blender or food processor and puree (careful will be very HOT!)
- Once pureed, add contents back to pot and add in the chicken stock until the desired consistancy is attained.
- Stir well and add in nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
Soup freezes well! I got this recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods Cookbook.
Rugged Mature English Cheddar
MACARONI & CHEESE
9oz macaroni • 3T butter • 1/3 C flour • 1-1/4 C whole milk • 17 oz grated Coastal Cheddar
1/4 C breadcrumbs • salt & pepper to taste • add onions and/or crumbled bacon if desired
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Cook macaroni in large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan slightly larger than that used for the macaroni. Whisk in the flour to form a roux.
- Gradually add in the milk, whisking constantly to keep the sauce smooth. Add spices, onion and or bacon if desired. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, add 13 oz of Coastal cheese and stir until the cheese is well combined and melted.
- Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix well. Transfer to a deep 9x9 glass pan and sprinkle over remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Place in oven and cook until cheese is bubbling; approx. 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, and then serve.
Submit Your Own Recipe
Want to share your favorite recipe with other Tacoma Boys shoppers and have it featured on our website? Of course, if we use your recipe we will give you credit so the world knows who the excellent chef is. Your challenge: utilize in your recipe some produce, meat or other products we sell at Tacoma Boys. Only the best recipes will be featured and the only prize right now for being featured is your 15 minutes of fame. Thank you for sharing!
» indicates a required field.